This type of visa is for investors who have access to £2 million plus to invest in the UK economy.

What investment you can make:

The money need to be invested in UK Government bonds, share or loan capital in active and trading UK-registered companies (with the exception of those principally engaged in property investment, property management or property development).

How much time you need to spend in the UK:

In order to secure Indefinite Leave to remain (permanent residency) you must not have been outside the UK for more than 180 days per year.

How long I need to wait to obtain Indefinite Leave to remain:

You can apply for Indefinite leave to remain after 5 years.
There are accelerated routes to permanent residency

Accelerated routes to permanent residency:

  • if you invest £5 mil you can apply for Indefinite Leave to remain in 3 years

  • if you invest £10 mil you can apply for Indefinite Leave to remain in 2 years

Do you need to do the English language test:

There is no English language requirement to apply for Investor visa.

What you can do in the UK:

There are no restrictions on the type of activity you can do in the UK, you can work as an employee, you can establish and run your business or you can focus on your hobbies.

Can you bring your family:

Family members that can come with you on this visa are your husband, wife or partner and your children under 18 years old.

For further information please visit UKVI website