This type of visa is for Entrepreneurs who want to set up or run a business in the UK and have £200,000 available to invest in the UK or £100,000 each in case of Entrepreneurial team of two.

What investment you can make:

You can set up your own business or invest in existing UK business or businesses

What are the investment requirements:

You must be appointed as a Director of a UK company within 6 months; you must have invested £200.000 in UK business or businesses as equity or unsecured loan; your investment has resulted in the creation of two full time jobs that have existed for at least a year each.

How much time you need to spend in the UK:

In order to secure Indefinite Leave to remain (permanent residency) you must not have been outside the UK for more than 180 days per year.

How long I need to wait to obtain Indefinite Leave to remain:

You can apply for Indefinite leave to remain after 5 years.

There are accelerated routes to permanent residency in 3 years if:

  • you have created at least 10 new full time posts for 10 people for at least 12 months each across your business;

  • you have established a new UK business that has had a gross income from business activity of at least £5 million during the 3 year period in which you have had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur); or

  • you have invested in an existing UK business and your services or investment have resulted in a net increase in gross income from business activity to that business of £5million during a 3 year period in which you have had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant, when compared to the immediately preceding 3 year period

  • Do you need to do the English language test:

    You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply (unless you are a national of an English speaking country) by either passing an approved English language test or by having an academic qualification that was taught in English.

    What you can do in the UK

    You can work for your business; you can not do any work outside your business, e.g where you are getting employed by another business.

    Can you bring your family

    family members that can come with you on this visa are your husband, wife or partner and your children under 18 years old.

    For further information please visit UKVI website